Saturday, February 5, 2011

Becoming A Movie Buff

Okay, so I'm not really becoming a movie buff, but for some reason this year I am a lot more interested in seeing the films that are nominated for Oscars before finding out which ones win. Maybe it's because I'd actually like to guess what is going to win based on my opinions of the movies. Who knows. Anyway, here are all of the movies nominated for  Best Picture:
(Italicized titles are films I have seen. The rest I have not)

  • Black Swan
  • The Fighter
  • Inception
  • The Kids Are All Right
  • The King's Speech
  • 127 Hours
  • The Social Network
  • Toy Story 3
  • True Grit
  • Winter's Bone
Of the films that I have seen, I can't think of one that I didn't really enjoy. It's going to be a tough race, and that's without the other five that I have yet to see. I am still anxious to see "Black Swan." I have heard that it's not a "feel-good" movie, but I desperately want to see it. "The Social Network" I will hopefully be seeing soon, thanks to Netflix, and "The King's Speech" is another that I'd like to see. I need to do more research on "Winter's Bone," as I don't know much about it, and I can't say I'm all that interested in seeing "True Grit." I also saw "Blue Valentine" which is nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role (Michelle Williams).

I have not watched the Oscars in awhile just because I haven't been super interested, but I can tell this year I will for sure since I actually know what I'm talking about. Anyone have any guesses as to what will win?

No comments:

Post a Comment