Thursday, January 27, 2011

Refreshed, Renewed, Restored

It's been awhile since I've update. School, work, life get in the way. However, last weekend something happened to me and I have to write about it! My dear friend Biz invited me to a Women's Retreat through her church this past Saturday. I was looking forward to it, unsure of what to expect, but went into it with an open mind. I am so glad I did!

Let me back up a little bit to Friday night. Because the retreat took place at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake (quite a drive for me), I had a sleepover at Biz's the night before. If I didn't know it before, this evening affirmed for me how truly blessed I am to know this incredible family. I was welcomed with open arms to Biz's dad's birthday dinner and was treated like family the rest of the evening. I am certain that this family was put on Earth to brighten the lives of those they encounter, and they are dutifully fulfilling their calling in life. I know without a doubt that God has a very special place for this family in Heaven.

On Saturday morning Biz's sister-in-law, Maria, picked us up to head to the retreat which consisted of worship, a speaker (Sharon Jaynes), small groups, and a break (time for us women to be women and socialize!). Sharon was wonderful and spoke of forgiveness, our thoughts, and our words. I was especially struck by her words on forgiveness. There were things from my past that I had not forgiven and that my heart was dying to let go of. Her words served as motivation for me to truly let go and forgive. It was such a liberating experience. My small group was led by Biz's older sister, Cat, and again it was an amazing experience. Biz's other sister-in-law, Beth, was also there and it was wonderful to share with her, as well.

Honestly, words cannot describe how I feel about this day. It was exactly what I needed--a day away from the world to focus on me and my relationship with God. No worries about school, work, life in general. Exactly what the doctor ordered. Now I feel refreshed, renewed, and restored (thus the title of my blog!) and ready to take on whatever life throws at me. It is my goal to allow myself time each day to do what I did on Saturday because I don't want to go back to the way I felt before. It is also my goal to be baptized by the end of 2011 =)


No comments:

Post a Comment