Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Canvas Project

Some of you may remember one of my last few posts about a canvas painting project I wanted to try out. Well, last night I gave it a whirl and am pretty satisfied with the results! I have not hung it up yet, but I know where I want to hang it and have a feeling it will brighten up my extremely boring white walls. Here are some pictures of the process:


Here I took four 8x10 blank canvases and created a design on them with masking tape. The design connects if you put the canvases together, but it doesn't have to. I am going to hang my canvases in a square, but spaced out so you kind of have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks!


After painting. I have couch pillows (thanks to my lovely grandmother for making them!) in a shade close to this color blue. I wanted to throw in another color for an accent here and there, so I went with a nice royal purple.


 And finally, after the removal of the masking tape. I waited until the paint was dry (difficult for someone with little patience like me to do), then peeled the tape off--it came off very easily.
Next step is just to hang them up. I'll try to remember to post another picture once it's up. What does everyone think? Anyone have other good crafty ideas for me to try? I've never been a very artistic person, but simple things like this might give me some good practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment