Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Contest

Hi everyone,

I've entered a contest on Facebook through Kate Voegele (one of my absolute favorite musicians and an inspiration to me) called the Perform Beautifully contest. To enter the contest we were asked to submit a picture that demonstrates something we are passionate about. I posted a picture of myself and Emma, one of my past campers, who is a 17 year-old with Down Syndrome. Emma and I have a hilarious relationship and I can honestly say she is one of my favorite people in the world. She can always make me laugh and I'd like to think I can do the same for her. Throughout my 6 summers working with her, I have seen other campers grow to accept her and view her as the funny, happy person that she is--instead of only seeing the fact that she has Downs. The 10 contestants who get the most votes win a pair of Kate's new Oakley sunglasses that she designed herself. Of course I would love to win the sunglasses because I sure can't afford a pair of Oakleys, but I am also hoping that when Kate posts the winners others will see my entry and start to view individuals who have Down Syndrome in a different way. That is where all of you blog readers of mine come in (however many of you there are). Below is a link to the page to vote for me in the contest. The contest ends on Monday, September 19th and you can vote once a day until then. It would mean the absolute world to me if you all could do that for me. Thanks so much. You are all awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment