Monday, October 25, 2010

Inspiration

New albums from my favorite artists always inspire me to pick up a pen and my guitar and start writing. Kate Voegele was the inspiration that led to me writing my first song. She has continued to be a wonderful influence the music world.

And today, I thank the lovely Taylor Swift for releasing yet another wonderful album to give me that extra push I needed to write again. The powerful words she sings and the fact that she isn't scared to say everything she's kept bottled up inside is an inspiration to me to do the same. I have a lot to say that I never thought I'd get a chance to, but I am realizing now that it's time. School is stressful. Music is fun. If I'm going to help others find their outlet, maybe I should make use of my own.

Music heals <3

Off to write.

P.S. Check out Taylor Swift's "Speak Now," out today. You won't regret it.

1 comment: