Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Big News!!

I never thought I would have a Cnidaria as a sibling. For all of you non-scientists (like myself), that's a jellyfish. I suppose it's kind of like having a dog sibling, like Scout...except that this one can inflict a lot of pain (Scout doesn't do that), and could potentially be deadly. I mean, look at poor Dory! She almost died!

All kidding aside, I am excited to say that I am finally going to have a brother! A real, live, human (I think) brother! As of yesterday afternoon, my lovely big sister Erin (she sometimes goes by the alias Eloise) is engaged! She and Bryan have been dating for close to nine years and they are finally going to tie the knot! I am super excited for my big sister because she is an awesome person who deserves the world. She has a guy who appreciates her for the amazing person that she is and I am looking forward to the day I call him my brother (although let's face it, he kind of is already)!

I visited my sister in DC a couple weeks ago over my Spring Break with a friend. While I was visiting, Bryan informed me that he would be traveling to Akron two weeks later to ask my parents' permission to marry my sister. I was not allowed to tell my parents and obviously couldn't tell my sister. It has been painful to hold it in, and I was thankful this past weekend when my parents finally found out. Keeping a secret from my mother while she is stressing out about things is not an easy thing to do. And for those who know my mother and are wondering, yes, she is already stressing out about the wedding. Within 24 hours of Bryan's visit she was already worrying about a mother-of-the-bride dress. Sorry to call you out, Mom, but it's kind of hilarious! Now that my sister is officially engaged, the wedding planning can commence! Thankfully I LOVE weddings and am already on the ball. Erin and Bryan met while working at Target, so I decided that, naturally, their colors should be red and khaki. Erin is obviously thrilled with the idea and can't wait to walk down the aisle to her groom who will be wearing khaki and a red polo while carrying her bouquet of plastic flowers from the $1 spot.

Okay, back to being serious again. I am ridiculously excited for my sister and can't wait to go through the wedding planning process and stand by her side as she says "I do" to the jelly-man! We will definitely make lots of memories and I look forward to keeping you all updated as the process continues.

As if helping to plan the wedding won't be stressful enough, I've got about 18 months to find myself a date! Applications are being accepted!

The future Mr. & Mrs. Arroyo

No comments:

Post a Comment