Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Now is Right On Time


It would have been so easy, over the last few months, to dwell on "wasted time." Five years spent in a relationship that went nowhere sounds like a waste, right? I'll admit that, at first, that was my focus. I couldn't believe I let myself miss out on opportunities to meet great guys because I couldn't get past the situation I was in. But this quote really hit home for me. If it wasn't for everything I went through during that time--each moment, each unique circumstance--I wouldn't be where I am right now. I wouldn't know more about myself, I wouldn't know what I want (and very clearly don't want) in a relationship. Right now, at this moment, I'm in a good place. I feel positive about my future and am confident that God has something awesome in store for me, whatever that may be. I'll admit that I'm a bit nervous not knowing what the future holds when for so long I thought I did, but I'm excited to find out! My journey, over the last five years, over the last 24 years, has prepared me for whatever lies ahead. I don't have regrets, I'm not looking back. I'm looking forward, moving on, and taking with me the lessons that life has taught me so far. Now is right on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment