Thursday, September 2, 2010

Amazing

It is absolutely amazing how great my life has been lately! Now, I don't want to jinx anything because I know that things can always change, but I must say that I have been so happy lately! I honestly was not looking forward to the end of summer and the start of the new semester because I know that between now and May, things are going to get pretty crazy. Thankfully, this time next year I will have my Master's Degree and all of my hard work will have paid off. I've only made it through the first week of work and classes for the semester, but I am definitely really excited for my classes. I can actually apply my coursework to what I am going to be doing for the rest of my life, and because I am doing my Practicum and Internship this year, I will actually be putting those skills to use in the next couple of weeks! I have to be honest and say that I am a bit nervous about the idea of doing one-on-one counseling, but I know that my schooling has prepared me for this and that I have awesome supervisors who will be working with me throughout this process. So, in short, as hard as this year might be I am really looking forward to it!

On another note, only being half an hour away from Chris (as opposed to an hour like we used to be) has been wonderful. It's so nice getting to see him more often on weekends and even sometimes on weeknights depending on both of our schedules. Last night I walked out of class to find him in the parking lot waiting to go grab a late dinner and hang out with me for a little bit--just because he wanted to surprise me and he missed me. It made my night and was definitely one of the highlights of my week!

My sister is coming into town tomorrow evening for Labor Day weekend, so I am super excited to get to hang out with her for a few days. It should be a good time, and I know my little kitty is excited to see her aunt!

Overall, I'm excited for life right now and what God has in store for the next few months. I am being optimistic and plan on making the most of whatever opportunities I have!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to see my friend happy. You deserve the best Jess. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete