Monday, September 20, 2010

Shape it Up!

Chris and I had date night on Saturday. We started talking about Halloween costumes and our (slash MY) interest in doing a couples costume. Anyway, we're having this conversation and I say, "So I had an idea of a costume we could do that I think would be so much fun!" to which Chris replies, "I was thinking Aladdin and Jasmine." Can I just say that that's EXACTLY what my idea was? We may or may not be the same person...kind of scary. ANYWAY, that leads me to my next topic. Because I will be dressing up as Jasmine who wears a midriff-baring top I have decided I should probably get my abs into shape. Let's just say that date night dinner at Sushi Rock and dessert at Cheesecake Factory did NOT help (do you know how many calories are in that cheesecake?!)!

So tonight I decided to break out my new yoga mat I bought a few weeks ago, not to do yoga, but to do crunches, etc. on the hardwood floors in my apartment. I started with P-90 abs (my DVD is missing...who stole it?!) then moved on to arms and some thighs. I get Cosmo every month and always look at the exercises they have in the Fitness section but I never actually try them. Well that all changed tonight. This month's section was "Erase Arm Flab--Fast." I tried all four of the exercises shown on the page and three out of the four actually worked really well! Tracy Anderson, the trainer who writes the page, suggested using water bottles for the exercises. Because I do not have any plastic water bottles (hello, going green!), I used two cans of soup instead. Still quite the workout! I also looked last month's article, "Thigh-Slimming Secrets," but was disappointed. I could only "feel the burn" in one of the four exercises. Maybe I was doing them wrong. Oh well, can't complain! So anyway, I'm pretty excited about my newly discovered resource for all things fitness. Okay, maybe not all things, but for everything else I could probably go to my personal trainer boyfriend. I'm happy to say that I have probably a year's worth of Cosmo saved so I will be referring to those for some new exercise inspiration. I'm pumped! Hooray for getting into shape and for being able to do so at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment