Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dream House!

Tonight I made the mistake of watching probably a good two to three hours of HGTV, the majority of which was spent watching House Hunters (my mom will be proud). Now, if you have never seen or heard of the show before, basically a person or a couple goes looking for houses with a real estate agent on TV. Maybe it sounds lame, but I promise you it is addictive. The last episode I watched was a couple looking for a home outside of Dallas in the $500-700k range. I absolutely fell in LOVE with the first house they saw which was a 4700 square foot house for $550k. The house was complete with a HUGE walk-in closet (and when I say HUGE I mean bigger than Carrie Bradshaw's in the Sex and the City movie), a huge shower with two shower heads, a media room, and a gorgeous library. The property did not have a pool as they had hoped, but the acre of land left plenty of space for a pool and an area for their kids to run around. Thankfully, the couple had brains and this is the house that they chose. Naturally, this incredible house got me thinking about must-haves for my future dream home. Here are a few:

1. His and Hers Sinks (in a bathroom connected to the Master Bedroom, of course):
Let's face it, when I am just waking up in the morning and getting ready to start my day, the last thing I want to do is have to fight for space to brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. I'd like my own space to do my makeup (although a separate counter would work, as well) without having to move every two seconds to allow someone else access to my sink. Also, I've seen guys' sinks before and quite frankly do not want to be anywhere near those messes!


I am loving the counter space here!

2. Big Walk-In Closet:
I will be completely honest here--I have a lot of clothes, and sometimes I get lazy. What I mean by this is that sometimes at night when I'm getting changed for bed or getting re
ady for work in the morning, I don't always feel like putting my clothes in the right spot at that moment. This leaves my room cluttered, at times, but gives me a good use for my futon. However, a walk-in closet with lots of space gives you more options for organization, but is also easy to cover up when it gets a bit cluttered. And what woman doesn't dream of having a huge closet?


Lots of room and storage space, as well!

3. A Platform Bed:
This really doesn't have anything to do with the house itself because you can put a platform bed in any house, but there is just something about these beds that I love! I think they are so unique and fun. Maybe it's just the fact that I've never had larger than a twin bed so I think that a queen- or king-sized platform would be wonderful, who knows! There is probably nothing even that great about them if you ask anyone else. The one bad thing I have heard is that they are not good for people with back problems. In other words, I would hate my back even more with one of these things. Hmm...maybe I can just find a really good one with a great mattress?


I don't know what it is--does anyone else agree with me?

4. Pillars:
Random, I know, but I love the way pillars look at the front of a house. When I was little I always wanted to live in a big house with pillars. Well the pillars never happened and I have been admiring them ever since. Someday, I'm going to have them.


Maybe a little much, but you get the idea

There are a lot of other qualities I would love to have in a house, but these are a few that the shows tonight made me think of. I'm sure I will come up with more, and I'll be sure to let you know when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment